Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android native apps are well suited for B2B publishers than hybrid flipbooks.
In 2013-14, hybrid apps started with a low-entry price of $39 per month. In contrast, Media Blender’s Apple native app started in 2011 with a premium price of $3,000 per magazine edition. A decade later, our premium price has come down from $3,000 to today’s super-low price of $199 per magazine edition, and that is a game-changing strategy.
Reasons why B2B publishers continue to use hybrid flipbooks over Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android native apps.
- Printing publication is the core service of every publisher. Digital publication is not a core business. B2B publishers offer a low-cost hybrid app to their subscribers as a cost-saving exercise to complement each printing edition. Print and digital works hand-in-hand.
- B2B publishers do not differentiate native apps from hybrid flipbooks as they appear visually similar on desktops, on tablets or on smartphones to an ordinary reader.
- B2B publishers are unaware that premium native app price is now on price parity with low-cost hybrid app.
The differentiation between B2B and B2C digital publications:
- B2C publications are generally monthly native app titles. Subscriptions are paid via Apple and Google’s in- app purchase payment system. B2C market constitutes less than 10% of all publication titles.
- Media Blender targets the broader B2B publishing market segment, which constitutes over 90% of all publication titles. These publications are generally free-to-read titles, and they are produced less frequently – Bi-monthly or quarterly.
Why B2B publishers should use Media Blender’s native apps over hybrid flipbooks:
- To offer your readers a superior native app user experience. Subscribers read their native magazine apps on tablets.
- Embrace technology. Display the Apple and Google Play badges to promote your magazines in the app stores.
- What makes Media Blender unique?
- We are the only publishing provider that allow users, publishers and advertisers to download free of charge any of our free-to-read magazine titles as native apps from App Store or from Google Play.
- We also allow them instant online access to all of our free-to-read magazine titles as web apps. Web apps are supplied free of charge as a bonus. To view, click on our Magazine Hub.
Our recommendation: Switch to superior native apps. Sign up and provide your magazine PDF file & branding and we do the rest.