How do B2B publishers retain their audience throughout Covid-19?26/10/2020
Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android premium apps are well suited for B2B publishers than hybrid-flipbooks.30/10/2020
There are essentially three digital publishing platforms for B2B publishers to choose.
Native apps: They are built on Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android – the world’s two largest mobile operating systems. They offer the fastest and most responsive user experience.
Web apps: They are enhanced digital flipbooks. Users can access them via a web browser as web pages.
Hybrid apps: Users install hybrid apps like native apps. They are run through an invisible browser that acts like a native application. Hybrid apps are not installed on devices but are accessed via web browsers.
- A low-cost hybrid-flipbook app takes less than a minute to transform a PDF into an app. In contrast, Apple and Android premium apps required several hours to convert a PDF into apps.
- Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android’s approval process:
- Apple and Google require 7 days to approve a new magazine title to ensure compliance with their legal and publishing guidelines. Once approved, subsequent editions can be made live in the app stores within 24 hours.
- A price comparison:
- A Hybrid-Flipbook app price starts at $49 per month.
- Media Blender’s Apple and Android apps start at $49 per magazine edition.
- Cost Analysis: A “Media Blender premium Bi-Monthly magazine” costs $49 per issue versus a “Hybrid-Flipbook Bi-Monthly magazine” at $49 x 2 monthly payments = $98 per issue.
- Publishers and users identify premium magazines with the prestige of being in the Apple App Store & Google Play.